Records of Virat Kohli as RCB captain
Virat Kohli yesterday announced that he will no longer continue as RCB captain after this IPL 2021. It was really a very shocking news for his fans as few days back he left T20 captaincy of Indian team. We can not change his decision but we can recall all his lovely moments as captain. So today we will see Virat Kohli’s records as RCB captain.
- Kohli led hi side in 132 matches since 2011 when he became captain of the franchise. Which puts him on the second spot in most number of matches played as a captain. First is MS Dhoni.
- In 132 matches played by Kohli as captain, RCB won 60 out of them and lose 65 out of them.
- Virat Kohli as captain scored 4810 runs with strike rate of 134.11 and average of 43.27.
- Virat also got 48.04%-win percentage as captain of the franchise which is third highest in RCB’s captain list. Anil Kumble and Daniel Vettori are ahead of him but we should keep in mind that they both led the side in very few matches.
- Kohli has scored 5 centuries and remarkable 38 half centuries as captain of RCB. 4 out of 5 centuries he scored are in one season that is in 2016. Which was his best season so far.
- He is also the highest run scorer of RCB and not only of RCB but he is also the highest run scorer in IPL. He scored 6076 runs with 130.41 strike rate and 37.97 average.
- Virat Kohli’s biggest achievement as captain of RCB was when he led his side in 2016s final but unfortunately, they loss and were runner ups. Also, they finished at No.3 in 2015 edition.