IPL franchises and their most expensive buys in IPL auctions
IPL is equally entertaining when it comes to auctions, we get to see rifts and small battles between IPL owners and franchises. Every franchise has spent high amounts on players they like. We have seen players getting huge amounts in IPL auctions. In this article, we will see IPL franchises and their most expensive buys in IPL auctions.
- Chennai Super Kings – Chennai Super Kings’ most expensive buy in the IPL auction is England’s test captain and all-rounder, Ben Stokes for 16.25 crores.
- Mumbai Indians – IPL’s most successful franchise, Mumbai Indians bought Cameron Green for 17.50 crores which made him their most expensive buy.
- Kolkata Knight Riders – KKR bought Pat Cummins for 15.50 crores and he was their most expensive player from the IPL auction.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore – Royal Challengers Bangalore’s most expensive buy was New Zealand’s fast bowling all-rounder z Kyle Jamieson which was bought by them for 15 crores.
- Delhi Capitals – Delhi made history when they bought Yuvraj Singh for 16 crores in the auction and he was their most expensive buy in auction history.
- Rajasthan Royals – Royals spend 16.25 crores on Chris Morris who was a South African fast bowling all-rounder which was also RR’s most expensive buy.
- Punjab Kings – Punjab Kings’ most expensive buy is the most expensive player in IPL’s history and it is England’s fast bowling all-rounder Sam Curran who was bought by PBKS for 18.50 crores.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad – SRH bought England middle-order batsman, Harry Brook for 13.25 crores in the IPL auction which is their most expensive buy.
- Lucknow Supergiants – LSG spends 16 crores in West Indies captain, Nicholas Pooran in IPL 2023 mini-auction.
- Gujarat Titans – last year’s champion, Gujarat Titans bought New Zealand Speedster, Lockie Ferguson for 10 crores in IPL 2022 auction.