Major bowling stats of T20 world cups
Bowling is quite an underrated department when it comes to the T20 format. But as they say, batsmen win you matches but bowling wins you tournaments. So, we have to recognize the efforts and records of bowlers too. So here are some major bowling stats of the T20 world cups.
- Most wickets – a record of most wickets in T20 World Cups is by Bangladesh captain and one of the most experienced T20I all-rounders, Shakib Al Hasan who has 41 wickets in T20 World Cups so far.
- Best bowling figure – best bowling figure is by former Sri Lankan fast bowler, Ajanta Mendis who took 6 wickets and gave 8 runs in his 4 overs spell.
- Best economy – the economy is runs conceded divided by the total number of overs bowled. Sunil Narine of West Indies has the best economy in T20 World Cups. Narine has an economy of 5.17 in world cups.
- Best average – bowling average is runs conceded divided by wickets taken and it is Sri Lankan spinner Wannindu Hasaranga who has the best average in T20 World Cups of 9.52.
- Best strike rate – best bowling strike rate is again if Wannindu Hasaranga who has played only one T20 world cup and has a strike rate of 10.9.
- Most wickets in series – it is again Wannindu Hasaranga who is featuring for the third time on our list. Hasaranga has 16 wickets in a series of the T20 world cup.
- Most 4 fers – 4 fers means four wickets in a single inning and it is again a Sri Lankan bowler who is at the top. Ajantha Mendis had 3 4-fers in T20 World Cups.
- Most runs conceded in a single inning – it is one of those unwanted records but here too it is a Sri Lankan who is at the top. Former Sri Lankan all-rounder, Sanath Jayasuriya conceded 64 runs in his 4 overs spell against Pakistan in a match of the T20 world cup.