Top 10 Tallest Cricketers in Cricket History
Here are the top 10 tallest cricket players in the world
Being tall is a blessing to a player. A tall player will have a greater advantage of delivering the ball at a higher height and can field better than others and much more.
There is a very less advantage to short players in cricket, but still we have wondered some great players. The greatest example is Sachin Tendulkar.
Top 10 tallest cricket player in the world:
- Mohammad Irfan (7 feet 1 inch) – Mohammad Irfan of Pakistan is the tallest cricketer in the world. He gained attention after being snapped up by the Kolkata franchise of the Indian Premier League in 2011.
- Joel Garner (6 feet 8 inches) – The West Indian legend was successful even on wickets that were conducive to batting, and troubled batsmen with the steep bounce that he produced with balls that were pitched short of a length.
- Bruce Reid (6 feet 8 inches) – Bruce Reid was an Australian pacer. He endured a struggle with injuries throughout his career.
- Peter George (6 feet 8 inches) – Peter Robert George is an Australian Test cricketer. A right-arm fast-medium bowler, George plays his first-class cricket for the Queensland Bulls.
- Curtly Ambrose (6 feet 7 inches) – High, rearing bounce, good pace and immaculate lines and lengths made him almost unplayable from 80s till the end of 90s, with Ambrose getting inducted to the ICC Hall of Fame in 2011.
- Steven Finn (6 feet 7 inches) – Steven Finn’s long legs proved to be a disadvantage against India, when he knocked down the bails on his run-up before dismissing Suresh Raina, resulting in the umpire declaring a ball a ‘dead ball’.
- Chris Tremlett (6 feet 7 inches) – The biggest worries of being a tall, fast bowler is breaking down with injuries on a regular basis, and that is exactly what Chris Tramlett has had to live with throughout his cricket career.
- Jason Holder (6 feet 7 inches) – Jason emerged as an upcoming star in the 2010 Under-19 World Cup, where he ended the tournament as West Indies’ highest wicket-taker.
- Sulieman Benn (6 feet 7 inches) – Sulieman Benn is a left-arm orthodox spinner whose height has helped extract bounce from sometimes lifeless tracks.
- Cameron Cuffy (6 feet 7 inches) – Despite his lack of success at the international stage, the tall man holds quite a special record, having once earned a Man of the Match award without scoring a run, taking a wicket, or claiming a catch.